Thursday, April 16, 2009

You Know How That Happens, Right?

My second best surprise was my baby girl Bella.
Once again I was surprised to learn that I was pregnant. I tell ya-God certainly knows what He wants!
The fact that I was pregnant wasn't so much the biggest or best part of it. Although that time around I was in a lot better place.
The best part came when I found out she was a girl.
You see, I didn't think I wanted a daughter for various reasons. But now I see that the biggest reasons for not wanting one are the best reasons to have one.
Bella is my sweet sweet girl.
She is loving and giving.
She is compassionate and has more creativity in her little pinky than I do throughout my whole body.
She is the free spirit I always wanted to be.
Her laugh is one that will make anyone smile.
Her eyes sparkle when she smiles and I swear you can see her heart spill out with every tear she sheds.
She is stubborn-but that serves its purpose when needed.
Her imagination amazes me every day.
She loves Jesus and it shines through her.
Her fingers are magic on my bare back. They make me forget all the day's troubles.
All her stuffed animals are named and have their own stories. Don't dare tell her they aren't real!
She has a personality that draws you in...it's mesmerizing.
She's the kindest soul I have ever known.
She makes me want to be a better example of what a mom should be.


One of my favorites...

Bella, Joey and Fred

This one cracks me up!She loves to read...Jared and Bella being sillyAt The Cottage
With Harry Potter in Michigan
Bella and BlakeIn Florida...another fav
Lucy and BellaMy beautiful Bella

2 comments:

jessica said...

You have a beautiful daughter, I especially love the black and white picture.

Jenny Erazo said...

I don't know how I missed this post! I LOVE reading your posts Rikki. It is fun to see where you are. Your daughter is beautiful and sounds like a lot of fun.