Thursday, April 16, 2009

Life...Really

Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing here and sometimes I know exactly what I'm supposed to be doing, where I'm supposed to be going, what I'm supposed to be wearing and how long it's going to take to get there. Anyone else feel like that?
Most of the time, though, I'm just here for the bumpy ride.
My patience has been tried lately. My tolerance has been tried. My acceptance of grace has been tried. My heart, my soul, my body and my mind have all been tried.
Mostly I get frustrated with where I am, where I'm not and if I have the drive to get to where I need to be. Then I read something like this that my sister sent me:
'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.
And this:
'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'
All of a sudden I have the will, drive, ambition and incredible love I need to do something I never did.
I tell you what...my hands, heart and mind are wide open to receive something better.
So whenever your ready God...but can you make it soon please 'cause I haven't quite mastered the patience thing?

1 comment:

jessica said...

We've all been there, because if we didn't have trials we would never turn to God. I am not so good at patience, and I think that most of my trials have been given me for the sole purpose of teaching me patience. I don't think I'll ever master it but I have learned that God's plan has always turned out better than what I had planned.