Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Small Tokens and Big Blessings

I think every once in a while we all should take a moment to list what we are thankful for from the huge obvious blessings to the token items that sometimes go without mention.
I started this list as a small journal entry and found the more I thought about it the more and more I have to be thankful for.
So here is what I'm thankful for...in no particular order :)
  • Having a job
  • My physical health (mental is still questionable at times:)
  • The ability to pay my bills
  • A body with curves
  • Amazing, lovable and loving kids
  • Wine
  • An electric blanket-hey, it gets cold in Idaho!
  • Faithful friends
  • A soul that works every day to be pure
  • Wine
  • A brain that still wants to learn
  • A heart that still wants to love
  • A body that still wants to grow
  • Wine
  • The trials in my life that have let me appreciate every second
  • The chance to understand the "other side of the fence"
  • Wine
  • An appreciation of my country
  • People who believe in me when no one else does
  • Music, rhythm and dance
  • The time when I was crazy so I can savor being sane
  • Wine
  • New friends who feel like old
  • Old friends who feel like new
  • Wine
  • Dismissed cases
  • Hugs
  • Boys and Girls Club
  • Friends who never gave up on me even when they had every reason to
  • A year of hell to plan for a lifetime of cohesiveness
  • Wine
  • Dave Ramsey
  • A fair mind
  • Ham and grits, pizza and diet coke
  • Friends who don't believe in "prior claims"
  • Wine
  • When my friends faces light up when they see me
  • Pencils and erasers
  • Wine
  • Football
  • Fat Babies
  • Digital cameras

"Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving." W.T. Purkiser

"However many blessings we expect from God, His infinite liberality will always exceed all our wishes and our thoughts." John Calvin

"The grass is not, in fact, always greener on the other side of the fence. Fences have nothing to do with it. The grass is greenest where it is watered. When crossing over fences, carry water with you and tend the grass wherever you may be." Robert Fulghum

1 comment:

Jenny Erazo said...

What a good idea Rikki! It sure is easy to "forget" how good life really is sometimes but listing out blessings is a good way to help remember.