Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year, New Me?

Ummm...I hope so!
This last year has been so chaotic I pray to God that 2009 is different and hopefully better!
I really wish I had something deep and meaningful to write here...but I don't.
This is what I've got:
The people you need in life are the ones who need you in theirs.
Does it get more simple than that?
I need people who love me for me.
Who may not understand my quirkiness but smile with me anyway.
Who love to banter in my native language~sarcasm.
Who I may not hear from everyday or week but are at my doorstep when I need them to be.
Who know to be at my doorstep when I try not to need them.
Who know that sharing with me their imperfections makes me love them even more.
Who laugh more than they complain.
Who search for beauty in things most consider ugly.
Who bring me back down to earth when I've lost control.
Who hold me tight when I get knocked around but let me loose when I need to dance.
Who look at situations through another's eyes before passing judgement.
Who know that everyday is filled with choices and that if it's a crappy day...well, it was your choice after all.
Some of the people in my life are many of these things wrapped up into one beautiful person. But some are equally beautiful containing just one of these traits.
I had so much fun "ringing in" the New Year with Charee. I can't believe what started out as mocking a girl in crazy jeans with crazier hair close to 20 years ago has turned into such a deep trust and respect. We have been through a whole lotta crap together and (I'm pretty sure she'll agree) hope that '09 is better to us.
Happy New Year to you all!
rikki













2 comments:

Jenny Erazo said...

You are lucky to have a friend like Charee. Looks like you girls had a great time! Best wishes for 2009 Rikki!

Cristy said...

Happy New Year, hoping 2009 brings you much happiness and peace of mind :)