Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Smith Family Goes to Michigan

I've written before about our family vacations (still trying to recover that deleted blog!) that we have been blessed to receive from my Grandparents but I thought I'd talk about one of my favorites.
My family is from Michigan so, being on the West Coast since I was not even a year old, we didn't get back to see them very often .
The last time I was in Michigan I was in high school...many, many years ago! So this trip in July of 2007 was so meaningful for me.
Most of our time was spent at the awesome Double JJ Resort but we did visit other parts of the area.
I don't share a lot of the memories with my cousins about Gamy and Gampy growing up but I distinctly remember The Cottage. What I remember most is the lilies and lily pads, the beautiful lake and the quaintness of The Cottage.
While The Cottage was not the main part of the trip it was definitely the highlight for me. I've told my kids about it not knowing when or if they would be able to enjoy it. I was so excited that they were able to be there not only with me but with the rest of my family as well.
(click on photos to enlarge...)
Bella and Charlie chilling out waiting for the plane...or not.
We got "bumped" and ended up driving from Chicago to Michigan.










Kaleb, Donna and Charlie hanging out at the pool at the Double JJ.











Bella got to celebrate her 7th birthday with the whole
Smith family...at a ranch...a dream come true for her!

Three of the cutest kids Michigan has ever seen!










My favorite boy bring me flowers :)


Bella, Alexa and Kaleb saddled up waiting for ice cream.

Right where we belong...











Alexa, Bella, Tanna and Charlie










The Cottage

Bella catching turtles, Kaleb catching...lily pads :)











Charlie Mae and Daryl on the dock at The Cottage along with my favorite part...the lilies and pads.


No comments: